PSSI provides recycling, yard waste, and garbage collection and street sweeping services to the Faculty/Staff residential areas on the Stanford Campus. The following links provide information on services for the Faculty/Staff Housing area.
- Single Family Housing's Garbage, Curbside Recycling, Compostables Collection, and Street Sweeping Services
- Pearce Mitchell & Peter Coutts's Garbage and Recycling Collection
- What is Recyclable?
- Spring and Fall Clean-Up Events
- Dumpsters and Roll-off Debris Boxes
- Residential Universal Waste Program
- Residential Food Waste
- PSSI/Stanford Recycling Contact Information
- Autopay/Paperless Invoicing options for PSSI customers.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Junk Mail Reduction Tips
- Holiday Waste Prevention
- Recycling Sites for Children
- Stanford residents can use the Santa Clara County Household Hazardous Waste Program to properly dispose and recycle hazardous waste. The County operates monthly collection events in the County and a permanent hazardous waste facility in Sunnyvale. For more information call (408) 299-7300 or visit their website at http://hhw.org. Review Frequently Asked Questions about hazardous waste and Frequently Asked Questions about electronic waste for more information.
- The Santa Clara County Home Composting Program offers 2-hour basic composting classes, master composter training program, compost and vermicomposting bins, and tools for sale.
- The Santa Clara County Safe Meds Disposal will show you how to dispose of medicines properly
- The Santa Clara County Recycling Hotline Webpage is a wealth of waste reduction, recycling, and composting information.
- The South Bay Green Gardens Webpage is a wealth of information on sustainable gardening and landscaping including water conservation, composting, and low chemical pest and weed management. Tour virtual gardens, get tips on soils and gardens, buy a compost bin, find some worms, and find local garden events all on one website!