Permitting Process for Heritage Resources
There are six steps involved in projects that affect historic buildings or archaeological sites (heritage resources):
- Step 1: Determine the permitting jurisdiction and permits that are required for your project.
- Step 2: Identify potential cultural resources
- Step 3: Request an evaluation of the significance of the resources
- Step 4: Submit evaluation to permitting agency for review
- Step 5: Incorporate mitigation measures where necessary
- Step 6: Document compliance with mitigation measures
This section includes brief introductions to each step and tools and resources for completing the requirements successfully. These are procedures required by the permitting jurisdiction. The Heritage Services Department provides assistance with completing the required documents, reviewing documents prepared by consultants and government officials and interpreting requirements and standards as needed.