DCP's Role in Planning and Utilization Studies
The Department of Capital Planning:
- Coordinates and manages project scoping studies and early programming
- Initiates and works with schools and areas on program planning studies
- Initiates and leads university–wide planning studies on subjects such as space guidelines, storage policies and utilization parameters
- Initiates and works with schools and areas on space utilization studies
Some examples of recent studies are posted on this site:
- Instructional Space Master Plan (pdf) An Office of the Registrar and Capital Planning university-wide master plan for Stanford's instructional spaces.
- Dining Master Plan (pdf) A university-wide report on dining on campus with recommendations for the future and analyses of key issues.
- Midpoint Summary (pdf) A summary of the conceptual framework for the new Stanford campus being planned in Redwood City.
- Case Studies of New Workplace Designs on Campus – Recent studies of new workplaces on campus, including:
- Utilization Studies – These take a variety of forms, but an informative recent example is the School of Earth Sciences Master Plan study (pdf).
In addition, you can find a sample of DCP’s Standard Scoping Deliverable (pdf) at this link.